not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Saturday, July 12, 2003

I'm off to buy a lap top . . . I'm heading to PCUsed . . . whats crazy is the cost of a old laptop is about the price of a new desktop!! I'm really excited about havign a laptop, the mobility to move and to do work where ever I see fit makes me *giggly* but I will be sad to lose some of the features of my pc. I can't seem to find a used one that has exactly what I want . . . maybe I can have them make it just for me *dreamy*

ok enough of that . . . no more computer geek moments

My new job has been a test of my sanity the past few days. The way it works is I work at a condo pool, I'm there for 11 hours and get two hours unpaid. The first hour I do maintnaice then I gaurd which I do allone . . . and due to the cold and rain the past few days that means completely allone. Yesterday I had one women come by in the first 20 mins of my shift, and then I spent the next 91/2 hours by myself. The highlight being kids were playing tenis next to the pool and they continuously hit the ball over the fence and on to the deck . . . I proceded to through back to them, that was the extent of my human interaction. So your thinking bring a book, this is the ultimate opportunity to get paid to read. Well I'm on top of that. I brought the 4th Harry Potter book both days. When I started my shift on Thursday I was at pg 150. Yesterday at 4 I finished the book, leaving me 5 hours with nothing to do. I read the Toronto star, eye magazine and the policy and procedure manual and cleaned cleaned cleaned . . .aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!