not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

a few days past and I don't post . . .and I can't think of anything to post - has the sun captured my mind . . .I read for hours on end but can't seem to put two words together to make a post. . .still I try . . . I feel like I only have other poeple stories to talk about and therefore should let them post . . . ahhhh I do have something to post about . . .the other day I read Kaniz's blog, he wrote this post about saying goodbyes and how they effect him. He thinks that since his father was always coming a going for months at a time due to his job goodbyes aren't hard for him, and he usually doesn't miss people too much. Yet he wrote how is is going to miss Sal and I (which I thought was very sweet---he said "Tobie, is Sals not-evil roomate who is more fun then I can describe") yeah!!! anyways. . . his main point was that he makes his home where ever he lays his hat. And although I have always lived in the GTA I can relate. I tend to spend time with people who are in close proximity to myself, I have moved from the west to the east back to the west to the north, central and now west again. Each time I tend to not miss the people I left behind too much. Mainly because the move was no real, I was only a few miles away. I know that I would see them again blah blah blah . . .but the past few years that has changed, for example I have maintained a relationship with sk even though we live in different citys. It has become more and more about the people and not about the location. So I'm living in Etobicoke again yet I am trying to maintain the same level of friends that I had when I lived downtown plus keep in touch with my friends who have moved out of town. Here is the hard part . . . I can feel that I'm still a person who is attached to her location. So I'm worried about what will happen when I move to Dublin. I have never been good at maintaining long distance relationships, partially because I'm not a good phone person. I like to talk on the phone to make plans and occationally have a long conversation. I will have to start working on those skills, cuz I love my friends here and I would be devistated if they just washed away because of an ocean.


I can feel myself pulling away from people now, as if spending less time with them will make saying good bye easier. But I caught this and am going to make a valiant effort to stay close with people . . . because it won't make the move easier and it will make everyone involved sadder and loner now when that is not nessissary. I should really try to be as social as possible since I will be on my own when I first get to Dublin. So if I'm seeming distant thats whats probably going on -- I will try to make the effort to stay happy and active . . . anyways off to read the 4th Harry Porter book -yes I too am addicted.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home