not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Saturday, October 04, 2003

two days of madness . . . .

I will start with the insanity of perfect timing that was yesterday and move on to the embarssiment of overindulgmnet that was the day before . . .

a few days ago while in the bathroom of the hotel by my work I found 40euro, when bug asked what I was doing with the money I said taking ze out to dinner. as the time approached I was getting supper gitty . . . this would be my first time going out for dinner in Dublin, things are so expensive here, one can not make a habbit of going out for food. I decided to go to this sushi resturant that has a converor belt . . .how cool is that. You sit there and the food goes throughout the restuarant on this belt, its kinda liek waiting for lugage at the airport. Especially when you are veggie and there are so few veggie options, if one passes you by, you run after it and scream, grab that one its mine!!! the bill works is the different colour plates are different amount, when you are done someone comes over and fills in the chart of how many plates you had each colour. The best part was they didn't count two of our plates, which happen both to be the 5 euro plates . . . oh yeah! Teh second best part was I was jsut complaining about the lack of availability of finding green tea in this city. It seems you can only get it at the health food store, which over priced everything. As I was paying for dinner I noticed they had green tea on display and it was a few euros cheaper then the health food stores, cha chink!!

We were heading to this caberet show that was part of the frige festivle on the north side . . . on our way there we passed the temple bar market area which on saturdays has a great market and on weekends seems to have all these random concerts, last firday bug and I walked through there and there was this free anti-smoking concert, which many screaming 12 year old girls and a lead singer with his knit hat, aucustic guitar screaming we're going to rock, then singing ballats. Anyways yesterday there was this private party for the unveiling of the new BMW. We snuck around the back to get a view . . . it was the modern verson of the wicker man I swear to you. They had these people dancing with these huge heads on, aparently suppose of be people like Bono and Sinead O'Conner adn a guy in a tennis suit with a racket. They wer dancing around this car that was cover in a sheet, smoke billowed around the sheet as the car was unveiled. The worshiping of this car by the big headed freaks was about all we could take . . .we ran out of there laughing our asses off . . .

to add to this perfect timing we had, on our way to the show we both looked up to see a random spout of fireworks that died off as quickly as it had apeared

we made our way to the caberet show that was being held in this great circus like tent, with velvet everything, a mixture beign the circus and Moulin Rouge . . . the women performing was this sex kitten type, with lots of fake jewelery, bountiful cleavage, adn breakfast at Tiffiny hair and makeup. She was doing a lounge singer performance with a sax, piano and bass to accompany her. Her second song was material girl, her piercing eyes during that song we so scary that we were convinced that she was possessed and might killsomeone at any moment. Through out the night through her change of clothes and behaviour, we were convinced that she was a vampire, coke head, had a throughing knife in tha back of her dress or at least was a serial killer. On the break a turned to bug and said

"I wonder if anyone else hear knows she is a serial killer, they all seem to comfortable . . ."

this girl beside bug turned and said what did you say?

I was laughing to hard to relpy but bug said yah you heard her right . . . we then shared out theories of the pocessed sex kitten and the girl joined in with us . . .it was great . . . .at one point in the second half, niether of us could take her anymore and we had to run out. Moments earlier bug had said she woudl be cool if she was actually queer and just did this for the cash, we imaged her dyke lover waiting for her in the dressing room . . . anyways the next song she started with the line . . ."I frequent all the gay places" WE started to laugh so hard, and so did the girl and her friend (who was gay) both of us said that we had never seen her out, and we woudl have remembered!!! that was the breaking point for us . . .we had to leave . . . as we walked away we came up with words for her song that would have made them more interesting . . . for example she sang a "dirty" version of my favorite things, so instead of kittens and yarn she said chocolate mouse and champaign . . . we were so hoping that she would say her vibrator or being fucked hard all night . . . but she had one line that made it all worth while, in the "dirty" version of my favorite things she sang "so when I break a nail or am feeling premenstral I just think about my favrite sins" classic

I don't think anything else could have happened to make that night any better . . .


so the day before well it all started innosently enough, or not, my roommate had been a progessive democratic with kids from his program, the people there were pissing him off, so on his way out he stole a bottle of wine (go john!) the two of us split the bottle, then orla him and I headed to this party in our rez which was dry!! There were 8 people there sitting around the tv . . .our pressence of energy and personality was too much for them . . .one of the guys who lived there stood up and said I'm wasted I have to got to bed now, one on the other guy (who invited us to the party in the first place) who lived there was talkign about a postgrad party in the city and got up to go to it with a few blonds and didn't invite us . . .we were left in his apartment with these three guys who had nothing to say and didn't understand our humour at all . . . so we left and went back to our place with our half finished cans. After coming up iwth planes hwo to piss in there windows we decided to head to the party in town anyways. We caught the last bus into town filled with druken students and made our way to the party.

WE had another pint when we got there and laughed at how the guy who ditched us looked mildly uncomfortable with our presence. we started dancing of course and one thing lead to another and we were on the stage . . . I suppose we were not suppose to be there cuz this guy in a suit grabbed my arm and pulled me down. They didn't touch john though . . . I didn't knwo who they guy was and tried to get out of his grip but he just pulled harder, he twisted my arm behind my back and said that I was kicked out of the club. I can only assume that he thought I was too drunk to be there, or maybe just having to much fun at this lame party. I was no happy about him hurting my arm and being dragged out of the club and must have been swearing at him, cuz my roommates were telling him that I was new in town and didn't speak english . . . he replied that I spoke enought english to tell him to fuck off :)

In one sence I feel I'm way to old to be kick out of a club, yet in another sence I got kicked out of an irish club for being too drunk!!!! wow!! thats something that doesn't happen everyday in this drinking culture.

Of course I had to work the next day ugggg . . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home