not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

A good pair of legs
I have been running with my roommates the past few weeks in the mornings . . .It has been getting easier and we have gotten faster . . . the first few days I was sore and stiff, but now I'm good to go after a run. yesterday it was just john and I and we ran through the rain and the wind . . . it was exillerating. But this morning it was a beautiful fall day, dry and cool, perfect running weather some would agrue. But today was the first day I couldn't get my head around the question WHY? Most none runners always ask that question, they say things like I run for the bus but thats it. The think is one I enjoying being in shape and running around. Those who know me from UofT know that I was frequently literally running from one place to the other. And those who know me from Siena also may recall my super power was running. But here is the clincher in the past when I use to run, there always was an answer to the why . . . for the compition. I had to keep running so I could run faster and win the race.

Now two things are holding me back- first of all I don't have a sport or compitition to keep me going, that is I don't have a goal for my running(being in space has never been much of a goal, I like to do things for their own sake not for being healthy). Secondly I think much of my running in the past, grade school and high school, was done to get attention (from the coach, family, school . . . ) to prove that I was good at something, worth peoples time. But I don't need to do that anymore. Its not that I am 100% sure of my self at all times, it just that I realize I have more to offer the world then a good pair of legs ;)

If I do join the mountaintearing team and/or the swim team and they have land training ie running I think I will keep it up . . . but as I stand today with out being involved with those teams I'm having a really hard time answering the question WHY?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home