not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Sunday, September 28, 2003

its funny the things that you miss, I realize today as I walked into my apartment, one of the things that I miss the most is checking for messages. It was always the first thing that I did when I got home, I would pick up the phone and listen for that beep beep beep with having a mobile you don't get that type of thing to look forward to. you have the immidiate reward of getting the calls when they come in. But it is not the same. I feel with my mobile that I'm always wondering if someone will phone me. But beyond that I loved listening to messages, I loved rambly friends chatting away to a machine, those who live with me, know how I talk to the machine and answer all the questions when I'm listening, its a little rediculous but that type of connection always gave me something to look forward to. with a mobile you get text messages which are always short and filled with things like "where r u" you have only so many characters you can use per message, plus the way to have to hit each number 3 times to get the letter you need, there is never any rambling.

So today when I came back from the park, I knew that no one had left me a message cuz I had my phone with me. I walked in to the living room walked around unsure what I should do. The first thing I had always done since I was a little kid is not gone . . .I walked straight to my room and checked my email. It is the next best thing, you get the surprise messages, you get the rambly notes. You just don't get the voices.

I should be happy since I am losing my voice (I understand your pain steph) that my communication with people is through text messages and emails. By I just want to hear peoples voices.


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home