not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Sunday, September 21, 2003

oh gender

yesterday I went out to this new girls night called kissed. I had seen posters for it, but was not confident about going on my own. Earlier in the evening I went to a poetry reading at the queer community centre and say some girls that I met a few days earlier with bug. We hung out at this queer bar for a bit with these other girls, one of which recognized me from the dry cleaners . . .funny thing is we were sitting there talking about being poor . . . and she was like yeah I know what you mean, but at the same time I know she is a regular at my work and pays tons of money to have her fancy new clothes cleaned . . . anyways . . .I think I am just bitter with her 'cause she was justifying irelands racism and was against the welfare system cause as she says it "it pays for women to have children". I was going to leave from that bar and head home, but got stopped by this aussi, how knew my accent was canandian and not american. He also thought I was 21 and said that I looked really good for my age (I dont really know how to take things like that - as if 25 is an old bag age, and the fact that I'm not filled with wrinkles is some accomplishment - - ) anyways due to our conversation I missed the last bus home, so why rush to take a cab, I mise well party a bit. So the two girls from the other night and myself headed off to kissed.

gender - - - well last night I was wearing guy dress pants, suspenders and my grey "paddy" hat. with my black sleater kinney t-shirt (the one that made regan think I want to be friends with that girl). So I'm at this club dancing and having a great time. And I keep getting looks from all these femmie girls. Ahh but not what I'm into. There are these two yes only two sexy butch girls in the club and I have my eyes on them. A few of the femmy girls come up to me and we chat for a bit . . .a get asked to dance, its all fun and flattering but I'm thinking damn this gender thing, girl you are wearing makeup and I just don't dig. So the first of the sexy butches comes up to me (yeah ) expect she is coming to introduce me to her shy femmie friend ( oh well ). Then the second of the sexy butches comes up to me, but her accent is so thick I don't understand a word she is saying. Partially it is due to the noise of the club, but she was saying soming about leaving a mark on her, and I couldn't tell if she said that I spilt beer on her, or if I had rubbed against her and she could still feel it. Either way I apologized and walked away . . .

all in all it was a good night and this girl recognized my shirt, she also is a huge sleater kinney fan and we exchanged numbers so we can go out for coffee some time. Aparently not to many people are into that here. Since its the trendy thing back in TO its refreshing to meet a real fan . . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home