not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Tuesday, September 16, 2003

vegan queers everywhere

ok so they arn't everywhere, but I met this guy edward from my program today who is a vegan and queer . . . we had this moment when we both jumped up in excitement and chatted endlessly about being vegan its connection to equity and so on and so forth. Then the boy from globalise resistance who is also in my program told me that the queer boys we met the other night are both vegan. One of them is the head chef of this veggie restaurant that has many vegan options, joe said he would take me there. We could start our own little club, yeah!!

SO I got a job today, which is a must since I plan to travel while I'm here. I say an add for this dry cleaners that is right outside campus, just a few min walk from my rez . . .I walked in and gave them my resume, after some chating it was determined that I would start tomorrow. I don't know yet how much they will pay me but they seem really flexible and understanding that school comes first. Sal and I will have to bond over this since he use to work in a dry cleaners. I think I will still look for other jobs, but this one works with what I need right now.

Before my first class today, I spent most of the day drawing writing poetry and taking in the sun . . . it was such a nice day today, even when I left the bar that we went to after classes I was only holding my hoody. Earlier in the day I was sitting by the lake . . . they have this huge water area witha fountain in the middle of campus called the lake, where everyone sits around and skips classes. Anyways it was packed today due to the weather, there were these guys playing football (soccer), one of the guys was running backwards to get the ball, and he fell into the lake. It was a riot, the whole field was talking and the ten guys playing with him, all grabbed for there phones and took his picture. Crazy enough most phones here are also digital cameras. I felt like I was in an AF add, all these white jocky boys playing sport, with the best clothes, highest technology etc.

Off to class for me, I went to this equality and the law class today . . . the proff is great, she is super young, very intelligent and has a great sense of humour. I'm going to really like that class. She also teaches gender and the law next semester so I might end up taking that or at least sitting in.

I cna't imagine doing this full time, I think I will be over whelmed with my course load. But I suppose if you do it full time, you don't work, and you put much of your life on hold for the year. Its not for me . . .


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home