not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Thursday, April 01, 2004

t and q make it in!!!

the lgb now lgbtq society had there annual general meeting today - the main issue was the name change, I wanted to go and argue for it, but decided to go to class instead, it was a tuff choice - well not really I know that my arguements would be covered by others this time, unlike congress where I was basically on my own. And the sociology class seems ot be the one that I miss all the time or fall asleep in or just don't get it, and since I have to write two essays for this class during exams I better start figuring out what is going on. And actually it was the best class todate, we talked about social movements. For once I followed what he was saying and was not completely offended by the arguements. I will probably write one of my essays on social movements.

A right decition and one wrong one, after class edward and I went to the meeting where attacked by happy queer giving us hugs and celebrating the name change. I had a permenant smile on my face. They were all going out to celebrate at the george, but stupid me didn't go with my instinct - instead I went with the strange sence of union obligation that doens't really exist but at the same time you would wonder if we are a cult. This guy from the union was signing at the student bar, he is great and has a great voice. BUt I spent the night at the bar with the same people I always hang out with board out of my mind. I attempted to chat with people but the energy was horrible and I couldn't even fake a conversation. The worst part was dermot was the last act so I had to sit there and wait . . . I should have just gone into town with the happy queer and danced the nights away . . .

speed dating results are in

ahh how exciting, I got all the three people that I said yes to, know I have their email address and they have mine, I suppose the rest is up to me . . . will I do anything about it? don't know. The thing is clare clicked the same women that I did and if she wants to go on a date with them I don't want to aswell. I do have a boyfriend and all and didn't really talk about that with any of the women who clicked me.

One of them is this gorgous women who actually organized the event, clare and I gave her the name death. We went to see this movie the other night with death was one of the characters who was this very elegant women. and the night of the speed dating this women was dressed like her, a corset, dress pants and heels. so either clare and i could have a date with death!!

getting that email lifted my spirits - getting nervous about the persentation tomorrow!! don't really know why, I have a good grasp of the material, have gotten over my public speaking fear, I think it has to do with doing drag, I am excited about it and nervous at the same time. Its been a while since I did drag and I always did it in a casual way never performance. . . I had a dream last night about doing drag and I couldn't get it right. I just didn't pass at all and looked foolish. Actually it was a fun dream because james and I were doing drag together, I was so preoccupied about making him look great that I continiously forgot essential items of drag, like only had one side burn. Forgot my bounding, and my breast seemed much larger in the dream then they are in real life. james looked great in an evening gown and all (acutally I think he would look silly in an evening gown but hey the subconsciuos does stranges things). I'm sure it will be great, just not feeling it right now . . . I should have hung out with queers tonight to get myself ready for tomorrow . . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home