not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Intersexuality . . . silenced

I'm trying to do a paper on intersexuality - a difficult enough paper to do in the best of times and locations, especially when you are doing a paper on intersexuality as the deconstruction of the sex gender dichotomy and the fluidity of sexuality. I was given a few essays from my lecturer which i would have had no chance getting in ireland. On my internet search i have come accross book and essay titles that look really interesting - but none of them seemed to be carried at UCD, Trinity or the national library.

i was talking to clare about intersexuality last week and voicing my frustration of the entreached sex-gender essentialist system right now and not knowing where to start in changing that somedays. she reminded me that i can start by bringing up the issues by talking to people and in my writing.

so here i am attempting to write a paper on it so i can have these ideas reach more people . . .but how can i write an accedemic paper or an insightful paper if I am unable to get the resources. I could always send out for them, i coudl request that the library ordered them. damn due dates and lack of money.