not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Saturday, March 20, 2004

wind, books and attempts to study

damn it is windy today, i mean really windy, it would put the windy city to shame (even though chicago is only the 3rd or 4th windiest city in the states), it would make bay street seem like a nice summer breeze, it would make you wonder what it would take to clasify somethings as huricane weather. i'm sure the one reason that this would not be seen as that extream is the variable weather conditions. This country can be crazy with that - 'weather variable' say the weather station -what does that mean? when they care to ellaberate they say things like 'dark clouds, with sunny breaks, dizzling followed my hard rain, extreme winds and possible hail.' They are serious when they say variable . . . anyways the winds are extreme but of course today is poster day!!! a few brave souls came out today to help me poster for womens officer, at first we only did the buildings but then made our way outdoors. I laughed as i attempted to hold a poster in place for mates to tape them down. I didn't lose any posters thankfully but the last few sure were a mess . . . have no fear the wind can't get to these suckers, the amount of tape we used will protect them from all the variable weather they will face in the next few days.

I was suppose to go into town for the march 20th demo, abeer and i were going to cycle in and do the critical mass thing, but alas like i mentioned it was too windy. actually on my way to meet abeer and talk to her about reconsidering this whole thing the wind blew me off my peddles and I cut my shin. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me. abeer had similar experiences adn we both decided that we would ditch the whole plan . . .

It gave me an opportunity to hit the library, wow i hadn't seen the library in a while . . . I got my books and started to read, after a few hours (i actually stayed put for a few hours!!!) I went for a walk and a mission to find food. On this mission i noticed a sign for a graduate womens book sale. the women at the book sale were so sweet, i didn't talk to them to much but i would have liked to enquire about were they were graduates from, they seemed old enough to have been some of the first women in college, but then again I don't know what year women were allowed to start studying at third level in ireland.

I got a bunch of books, just one euro each, but when i got home i realized that i left one of the books in the library and the library is closed. grrr, since I'm going away till thursday i don't think i will ever see that book again. that was the one book that only cost me 50 cents but still it would have been fun to read it was an irish political comic book!

i thought the library was open later today - I suppose the library occupation to bring back the library hours was not as successful as i thought, basically for the main campus library all it did was open later on friday. . .



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home