not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Monday, April 12, 2004

blab away

Today I chatted on the phone with sal, sean, clare, my mom and my aunt. Even though sal called me, adn both my aunt and mom phoned me right back, I will used up the 20 euro phone credit I bought earlier today. Mainly it was the long conversation I had with sean. I love that guy, I will dedicate this post to him and his post-ironic irony. He is moving to london on the third and has a gig on the 13th, which I plan on going to. After talking to him I put his stage name nwodtlem in google to see what came up. It kept me laughing for ages. He has this record label call "Heres my card records" each cd is the size of a business card, the music is all speedcore and such jazz so each song only last 30 secs or so and you only get a few songs on each cd. I went to his site for nwodlthem and heres my card records, I will lift up your day with a few quotes from these sites.

Here's My Card Records is back again with another dismal failure.

This time combining Canadian health advertisments with breakcore. Thus limiting the appeal of the release to a handful of people, i.e. Canadians that actually know what is breakcore. Others may be able to appreciate the music but to trully understand the inner essence of this release you need to be Canadian. On top of that most do not get our brand of post-irony ironic humour, either by approaching music from a more serious angle or simply lacking a well developed sense of humour.

If you go to the product section of the Here's my card records page and go down to the bottom, the second record you can see a great pic of my dad "dadcore all the way"

ok now for some more of seans humour, it cracks me up . . .

Here's My Card Records brings you the second installment in the Softkore Series. An event so devoid of enthusiasm, that in of itself, it becomes somewhat of a marketing gimmick: A culmination of depression, stress and overwhelming pessimistic tears of failed IDM beats streaming down our faces.

Softkore 2 personifies the "last ditch effort", before a long descent into the depths of unrepentant bitterness into the pit of sorrow and despair. Softkore 2 is more of an acceptance of defeat; Defeat of any sort of hope or ideals that one may have had at one time or another. The ultimate understanding of the predictable nature of human behavior; Anger and frustration associated with such a reality, rise to the eventual plateau, drifting into the horizon of apathy and disinterest.

Softkore 2 is the by-product of the descent into an all encompassing sorrow. Devoid of any happiness that which mere hugs and self-appreciating support, that could maybe at one point in time sustain our self-worth , can now no longer offer its vitality-increasing love potion of thick enthusiastic smiles of overpowering glee. Glee that seems to have been, ages ago, a sign of comfort. Glee, ever so distant in the mind's eye , that one could believe it was only a dream, a child's fantasy, a mirage that fools the minds of thristy men lost forever in the desert of doom. Doom is now our scene of anguish and rejection.

Deep down in the cave of sorrow, far beneath the surface of common society, Softkore lurks within the cold depressing air of the knowledge that just a few levels above the cave, past the ogres and goblins, beyond the evil dark Wizard’s lair, there lies the unreachable destination of acceptance and the light of support. Support and acceptance that so many others seem to have taken for granted, and yet it lies far out of reach of the few of us that fall under the dark, torn umbrella, of Softkore.

what a way to sell your self and now for seans bio

NWODTLEM

Nwodtlem jumped out from behind a curtain, tripped over items scattered around his set and sang the song he composed, "Who’s always smiling, never sad? It’s Nwodtlem!" He tried tricks that usually fizzled and then introduced cartoon films. Kids were invited to the show to be dressed in clown costumes and join the singing and dancing. Nearly every kid in town knew the Nwodtlem song “get crackin’” and many of today’s baby boomers can sing all of the verses.

what a crazy kid, its no wonder I miss him so!

ok thats it for now . . . watch out for the grogs, nwodthlem, and here's my card records, cuz you don't look hard for them you will never see them!!






4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home