not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I have past the one year blog mark, as of the 23rd of march I am now able to look and see what I was thinking and writing about the year previously. It seems that a year ago was angela davis, I remember that so clearly, I was talking about sars, this artists against the war event, a party at kims and dairly minimalism vs veganism. Strange since I'm back into dairy minimalist mode lately. I said a year ago that I should not use the word vegan for respect of all the vegans who have a hard time having there option validated. I suppose I still believe that but sometimes it is just easier to day vegan. I have really broken from it though, I bought veggie burgers that have egg whites in them, these plain chocolate cookies that have dried milk protein and so on. I'm at the stage right now were I would rather not have dairy products but am less likely to not have them as I have been in the past.

I seem to have less of a life this week this year then last, I seem to have more school work to do right now. Angela davis that was great fun, I can't believe that was a year ago, I remember sitting in the red room afterwards with sal, marike, melissa, sunny, and kim. The boy with the beautiful blue eyes was sitting with all the ocap kids - we talked for a bit and he told me how he was in court that day for this time he was arrested at an OCAP event, he was speaking in the mega phone and was being a bit of a smart ass in the cops face. They ended up hitting him in the intarigation room. I cna't remember what came out of that. Strange memories, I do remember that sunny warned me about him after he went back to the OCAP crew. she told me something about him at a no boards meeting around race and repecentation and she also warned me that his phones may be bugged. that kinda freaked me out for a bit, but I figured that I would have to figure things out on my own. I'm sure he learned from his possible racist approach to the no boards events and phone taps were just a speculation, its not like we made any plans over the phone to through down the state.

so there you have it a year ago today . . . but alas what is happening this year? well I just finished watching spellbound which I enjoyed immencly. I'm writing two papers that are both using Paulo Friere as the foundation. I'm going to a talk this friday, which will be the third one of the year (accidemic that is) which is a change from last year where I was at almost all the transnational feminist talks, the women and war talks and so on. there was a day - I should look it up in my blog - where I went to three talks in one day, one of them was on famine in korea, then one on the movement of women for prostitution and then a women and war one where this philopean women made connections between harry potter and imperialism, she says the reason he won was that he was not scared to name the enemy.

I miss going for pitchers in bars like the redroom and going to talks where I recognize loads of friendly faces and having a great people around to drink those pitchers with at those trashy bars, and to talk about those talks and analysis the interactions of the people around us. I miss toronto, it really is different to dublin, I'm not saying better of worse just different.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home