not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

what a day, first of all, I had planned today to be a disaster, I had to go down to admissions and awards, wtih three different issues, and I was sure it would take hours. I was frightened as I walked closer and closer to campus, since it was frosh week. Guy and girls in blue and hard hats were boudly crossing the street, groups of late teens in matching t-shirts were singing songs about programs and colleges that they hate, and first day of school fashion was out making me feel that I did not belong. When I got to A&A there were only three people in line, I barley had time to get my paper work in order before the guy behind the counter mumble "next". I thought a few of my concerns would be difficult but the whole encounter took under five mins. I walked out, confused, what to do, I had planned my day around this event.

So I walked to Young and had a consumer day, I went into Cometic World, where the guy prombly told me I had the wrong bleach and directed me to the fudge counter for my hair colour. I picked our corvet red and mellow yellow. I'm thinking that if I mix the two I will get a interesting orange and then have a range of colour to use in my hair. I'm a bit nervous about the yellow, it looked great when the guy showed my the fake hair sample, but the bottle is a school bus yellow colour . . .umm . . . well we will see.

I then headed down to winners looking for underwear, the sellection was running thin and women everywhere were fighting to reach for the medium cute pairs. I used my elbows pushed through the crowds and found three pairs of cute one. None of them are the shorts kind that I was intially looking for, but when all 3 come to $10 you can't complain. When I was at the cash, the women was ultra cheery, she was doing "FANTASTIC", I really wonder how anyone can be working cash at winners and doing "FANTASTIC", anys I played around with her and said, yes any day is a good day when you got new underwear, she agreed energeticly and said "I know you have have bought underwear here before". Although I did buy boys briefs the day of graduation, this was my only other time in this store, and I'm sure she was not there the first time. But she insisted that I was in there every week buying underwear, the people behind me started to look at me funny. I laughed lightly and said something about not being in there that often, she said "no no its you, unless you have a twin sister, every week you come in and buy underwear" I walked away with a smile(kinda) its not like it would be bad to buy new underwear once a week, but I DON't . . . anyways . . .

off to get my hair died . . .