not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Friday, September 12, 2003

F is for frustrating

I looked up at the veggie restaurants, queer clubs and secondhand shops . . .marked them on my map (they are all very close to each other - reinforcing the theory that cute queer kids that wear vintage are veggie . . .) I am going to apply to all of them . . . I was going to do that today, but allas my tech skills have come to an end and I am defeated!

I got my computer to work- got it online-bought a printer to print off resumes -cuz my school does not have a usb port for my key--so far techy goodness then I spent 3 hours trying to get my printer to work-- every time it got started it would immediately stop and my computer would say something like "can not detect a printer" ahhhh! I have gone through every troubleshotting option several times, and even tried my own theories about what was wrong and how to fix it. I'm trying to destress by listen to dido . . .no accounting for tastes really!


B is for beautiful

My brother sent me an email that asked me to discribe dublin to him . . .I will blatently cut and past my reply to him . . .

the city is split in half by a river that has many bridges, they are preposing a few car free bridges which would be cool. As you pass over the bridges and you look to the east you can see the sea and huge ships docking at the ports. The grey blue clouds that hang over the port area makes you feel that you are looking at a painting almost to mysterious to really be part of a city. I have spent more time on the south side of the city core. But both sides have these great streets that are car free, they are packed like the shopping streets of Toronto around christmas time, it is so great, gives the city a lively energy. There is a hight restriction on the buildings, only a few have surpassed the limit of 6 stores, so basically the whole city has these attached 6 story buildings that line all of the streets. The only space between buildings is the streets themself. St. Stephen greens is this great park that is highly used both by picnicers and those looking for a calming place to pass through the city. It is centrally located and the north west entrace opens up to one to the busest corners in all of dublin. The city is very old and is not designed on a gride liek Manhatten or Toronto, so the streets curve into each other, which leaves me with a sence that I don't ever really know where I'm going, this is compounded with the the fact the streets change their names every few block! My bus route to the city centre passes a buisiness district that is lined with 4-6 story buildings, each of the doors is a different colour. Even though there is a limited number of colours used, if two doors are directly next to each other they are almost never the same colour. Mainly primary red, blue green and black, with the occational yellow and other shades of the rbg.

I hope you have enjoyed this post of blanet cut and pasting . . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home