not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

I have always been against dieting, I myself have never gone an a diet, and have made it clear to friends that I think dieting is just another way for men to control womens bodies and for women to hate themselves. I encourage loving your body. For those who what to feel healthier, myself included, I would encourge activity and eating healthier. But not avoiding fatty foods alltogehter. Like if you are at a party and there is cake EAT IT!! So you are asking why is Tobie having this mini "love your body" rant, well I will tell you. I have been eating vegan for four months now, and the philosophy around it I agree with. But with all the food restrictions I am feeling like I am not allowing by self to enjoy spontianity. And really I am all about spontinaity. And not being resistricted in any part of my life. As a vegitarian, I have never really felt resticted, I can easily avoid meat and sea food, and its not an issue. But as an vegan, I have found mself wishing I could eat what everyone else is eating. Feeling really disappointed when I find the last ingrediant is whey powder. Having to either aviod food options or not join in with everyone else. Finding at the end of my meal, I still want something more, but the dessert options are almost never vegan. I have found myself at school, the veggie cafe closed, deablois sold out and having to buy a bean salad, that looks five days old. I'm ordering salads at restuarants(without the cheese please). Yes I still feel healthy, I dont' think the vegnaism has made me into an unhealthy person. But it is starting to make me into an unhappy person. The thing is I stlll do believe in the philosophy. But I also think there needs to be a balance in life. I will continue to buy food that is vegan to cook at home, it is too easy to find great food and have happy healthy meals at home. But when I am out, if the last ingredenat is whey powder, or dried egg whites, dammit I will eat it! I am going to stop calling myslef a vegan out of respect for the vegans out there who have a hard time gaining respect for what they do and what they beleive in. I wil continue to support them. But I will have to be a dairy minimalist not a vegan.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home