not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Monday, March 31, 2003

I forgot to mention about my swim meet. It was my first swim meet since highschool, which is actually so long a go now, that I don't really want to talk about it;) I love swim meets, the energy is great and I get to win at something!! After doing my undergrad at UofT and dealing with the compition and elitest attitudes. It is really nice to do something, try your best and get recognized for it. I mean they gave us certificates!! I got 6 certificates to put up on my wall. You know how cool is that. Forget about my graduation certificate, this 100 free tiem is brillant:) I went out with the swim team after the meet to a local pub. I hadn't been there in over a year. Not since after an exam last december, where our prof, drank a bit too much and started telling us the departments gossip. Man that was good times. I had great stories to tell people for months. actually it was kinda strange because he told us this story about antoher prof of mine who had been gay bashed after beign accused of plagerism. This story was all hush hush at the time, but the ten of us who showed up to the bar knew the deal. The just this past month I went to a conference and we got into small groups are were talking about safety in the classroom, specifically around ideas of sexualityand I heard from the prof that was attacked a first hand acount of what happened. It was an odd moment, first of all since the rest of the room was shocked and I didn't feel thatI had the appropriate reaction cause I was thinking "wow we got the whole true story, ***** wasn't kidding at all"

Last night when I was walking home form Clintons with kim. we foudn a HUGE clear cookie jar filled with animal crakers. It was still sealled and someone had written on it "cookie still good". I havn't tried the cookies yet, but dude I have always wanted a cookie jar this is so cool. I love toronto and finding random things on the street. Just last week walking home from Sarah's I found, a twead jacket, a mirror, two picture frames, platic plates and an bowl, a old metel light switch plate, two vases that say "In every language NSA says beautiful water" then in fifteen languages it says "beautiful water"!!!! and finlly a milk crate to carry it all home in. Spring cleaning time is here and Tobie is happy!! So many good good finds . .