not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Thursday, September 02, 2004

its a sad day when tobie went away

Last night was the most lovel evening, I am left will complete feeling of relaxation and happiness. At one point this guy said 'Tobie there is so much love for you', referring to the elaberate decrative fruit plate that kevin and craig put together. Perhaps more generally to the space, the people and the energy that went into the event. It was small but complete wonderful, just before people showed up regan asked if I was getting pre party gitters. I said no which is kinda wierd since I can be a freak at these kinda things. I figured there were a few factors that lead to this relaxation. The first was that it wasn't my space and I would not be running around organising but it still feels like home. Second was that I only invited the people I really wanted to come, people who I had spent time with this summer (except for jen-but it wasn't wierd) and I didn't sent a mass email to 50 adn am unsure of who will pop up. Instead I individually invited each person there and knew who was coming for sure. It was good 15 people who were all from difference places in my world and this collectic mix of people blended together so nicely.

At the end of the night when it was only chris, regan, kevin, shannon and dave left - there was this song that r,c,k were trying to find to put on. The whole cd was hilarious, like the homly girl song and the love letter to myself. When they got to the song they had been looking for I wasn't paying that close attention to the lyrics anymore. Chris asked if I had heard the line I shock my head and started to listen closer. the next line was "it was a sad day when tobie went away" that is the course of the song! I didn't even know that I had a name song let alone a name song that was so specific to this current time.

close to tears I held regans hand and said thank you.

last year it was bjork's concert on the 3rd that stuck with me, that left me with a warm feeling when I entered a new place. this year it will be this party . . .

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home