not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Friday, September 03, 2004

deavling into emails

I got this emial yesterday, its from my friend ian in dublin, he is a canadian! We met at this pub my first week there, I had gone to this protest and met this guy joe there who was going to be in my program at UCD, he took me out to this pub grogans, which I have come to know and love. While there he was like your canadian, he is canadian . . .so ian and I bonded. The bonding section led to talking about queer activism, so he introduced me to claire and now clare and I are moving in together and we are moving into ians house. Here is ians discription of the house.

Its a great house, 10 minutes from town on a bike, 15 from the ocean, probaly 2 minutes from the Dublin Food coop. Its an old house in Ringsend - kind of this pocket of Dublin in the rare aul times surrounded on all sides by the still raging celtic tiger, with cranes dominating the skyline building trendly flats. Its in the epicentre of the song "I met my love/ by the gasworks town/ Dreamed a dream by the old Canal" (or so I imagine) - you step out the door and there's the gasworks to the left (currently being converted into trendy flats) and the canal's just a couple of blocks away.

ahh, its a three bedroom and the third bedroom is in the attic, which I'm hoping to move into myself. Ian is moving out for october 1st but he has a room empty now for me to move into and clare will move in shortly there after. The only problem with the house is the landlord wants to renivate, it will take three months to get the licence to do so. Subsiquently we might only be able to stay for the three months OR if we can stay longer she will jack up the rent to unforseen levels. I don't have allot of confidence in any rent control in dublin.

I got this other email yesterday that is so cute from this guy I met driving up to the anarchist u retreat, I had invited him to come to the going away bash and he never showed. I knew that he had been sick plus he lives deep into mississauga so that might have contributed to him not making it. his apology email was so cute:
i really wanted to see you again tobie, i think you're really nice and i would
like to be your friend
how cute is that. it sounds so innosent.

thats all the email exposing I will do for today.




4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home