not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Thursday, April 22, 2004

booterstown coast

The seaweed is taken in by my senses which draws contrary emotions that I’m accustomed to having together. This scene is straight out of The Ulysses in the fifties.
I’m sure there are more lights and perhaps more graffiti but little more has changed.
A train to Bray another one to town, lads slagging over a game of football and the tide a mile out.
The tears accompany the peace, industrial Dublin in contrast with small town church all in the same view.

A bird flies low to the ground.
There must be comfort in knowing that you can soar, be free all the while keeping the protective grounds energy at your breast.
Shelter from the wind, the same wind that takes you away.

The light house flashes and I feel in love.
I rarely need an other to feel this way.
It is always life that I am in love with, people, places, things add to the sensations;
I share this love of life with others.
When I say I love you, I’m referring to the love of life we share at that moment.

Another train, another flash of light, another cheer, a flock of chirping playful birds and a deep sigh.

A man climbs the same route that I took but turns hastily in the other direction;
he knows where he is going, perhaps his daily walk.
Some have a mission, I just wonder.
The sun has set, a cool breeze descends;
I shall continue my journey and leave this place in tact has it was fifty years ago.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home