not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Thursday, March 18, 2004

I'm such a defeatist that I defeat my defeatest attitude

I would have to say today was one of the most frustrating days in a long time . . . in issolation it would not be all that frustrating (I suppose) but there has been such a large build up this headachey day.

Try to print a publisher 2002 document off a USB key in this city, I swear to you its near inpossible. After days of attempting to find a place that could fufill all of the requirements (close enough) I had to go back home and resave my flyer and 4 posters in a publisher 2000 format which subsiquently reconstructed my document so I had to redesign it. Ok got over that obstical. But off course the women who normally does this has called in sick. So I start to teach the women how to use her computer and her printer/copier.

For those who know me, know that I am in no way tech savy so you can imagine how bad it is when I take over the copi-print and teach them how to use everything.

Ok then I run out of credit on my copi card, normally putting more money on it wouldn't be a problem BUT I had a frustrating bank experience earlier. I can't transfer my canadian money into my irish bank account directly, and of course instead of OSAP putting my loan money into my account they sent it to my mom who placed it in my canadian bank account. So what I have to do is take out the max amount each day and then deposit the cash into my irish account. Today I deposited 1700 euro, which is a hell of a lot of cash to have . . . but that means that I can't take out any more cash today. And after getting phone credit and buying a book I had only change to top up my copi-card until tomorrow.

I figure out away to scam more copi credit . . . I go to disability services and ask for my second copi-card. They gave me one at the beginning of the year with 360 copies on it. They said that they would leave 2 more in the office if I needed them throughout the year. There is no way I would get through all 360 in a year, but alas they didn't look twice when I asked for the second one.

While I was there I picked up my books that have been made into mp3's . . . it has only been since sempember that Iu have been waiting for them, I was very releaved . . . but that releaf was way to quick and unfounded. I when home excited that I had my cd and that I may be able to get reading done with out encuring such a horrible headache, and actually make sence of what I was reading yeah! but I opened it up and only one of my five classes was on cd. I gave her all the material at the beginning of the semester and she said it was all there . . .

ok if thats not bad enough, they use computer voices to transcribe the books. ahhh computer voices give me a worse headache then doing it on my own. And computer voices are continously mispronouncing words, so how helpful is it really.

ok back to the posters, I got 900 out of the thousand flyers printed before I ran out of money and credit and was able to get them cut in half. and went back to the copi-print with my new copi-card and went to print my posters. but of course something went maddly wrong and it came out HUGE, I mean my face which is only 1/6 of the poster took more then one page. For some reason I don't and the women there don't know how to make it any smaller. WE figure the only way around this madness is for me to recreate the poster in a regular page size and they knpow how to make it bigger.

So I go home and do that . . . I have 45 mins before exec council starts but instead of running back there, I drink green tea, listen to ani, and blog . . . I will have to wait for another day to do all this . . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home