not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

the past few days I have crossed many things off my to do list for the summer . . . both friday and saturday going pool hopping made a huge dent in the list . . . and today when at the islands with sk and lee we went to the clothing optional beach, I sat there topless with shorts and when we went in the water, I just wore my undies . . .I really enjoyed my time there, it was so comfortable to hang out with all these naked people. Mostly the people there were boies, males seem less intimidating when they are walking around with their dicks exposed and limp. There was this one guy running down the beach, it was funny to see him flopping all around. I have read that at nude colonies they play beach volleyball and other activities that cause ones body to flop around . . . call me immature but i think its funny. One thing that really hit me was everyone there was white. There was this one spanish guy who was with his white girlfriend, but that was it. I'm sure cultural differences can explain much of that, but I wonder if there is more too it. Since it is such a white dominated space are people of colour less likely to feel safe . . . I will have to think about this more.

again questions of nudity come up, on friday I got changed into my bathing suit in view of many other people including boies, it was dark and I had drank a few beers so I didn't feel self concious at all, on saturday I swam nude and walked around naked with two other girls, it was only the three of us and again it was dark. Today I changed out of my underwear in to a bathsuit (ready to work) and felt fine exposing my bum to the beach . . .BUT I still don't feel like I can walk around nude casaully during the day. I still feel a need to hide my ass . . . really. one step at a time . . .