not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

yesterday was the day filled with good news and fun toys. I found out that I got into residence, I feel so relieved. Althougth I know I will want to get out of rez adn never look back by the end, this always my first 8months of living in Dublin to be much less full of worry. I will have high speed internet, my own bathroom and shower(which is actually a big deal, I found out most apartments or houses have baths and no showers). I will have my own room, which is again a big deal, many dublin apartments, in my price range, are double rooms - meaning that you share with someone else. The rez that I got into is specifically for post grads, they are six bedroom apartments with shared kitchens and living spaces, single rooms that each have there own bathrooms. I have never lived with 5 other people before, lets cross our fingers that it works out, and I don't get an evil roommate like the last one.

As for the toys, it was major capitalist comsumerism day yesterday. I got my laptop back which I took in last week to get fixed. The screen was dark, and it was inconstant if it would come clear or not. They took my hard drive and put it into a similar laptop, every thing was the same but instead of getting a P3-900 I got a P3-850, I don't think that I will notice a difference and I got $35 back. Then I headed over to MEC where I had a $100 gift certificate, I got myself a back pack, similar to sals but it is the new model with a big more space. My mom was with me and she bought me a rain coat for my birthday. I got one of the infamous mec biking rain coats with the reflective strips. I'm going to look so canadian!! That reminds me that regan gave a canadian flag patch to put on my back pack and kevin gave me a huge canadian flag. I figure that a toga party will happen at some point where I can where the flag ;) I have never been all about the flag and displaying it while traveling. Sal and I poke fun at each other since he is all about displaying the canadian flag and I refused up this point. But things have changed and I will be away from this country for two years so I'm sure to want to embrace canada, and I will have th urge to represent. If only toronto had a cool flag like newyork I could sport that on my bag! Its not that I don't love it here because I really do, it just that I have always been anti-nationalist and wearing or carrying the flag seemed way to patriotic for me.

After our mec adventure, we drove over to henry's. I was there the week before looking at cameras. I decided that since I was going away I wanted to get a digital camera so I can email photos to friends and put up photos on line. At the main store they had this camera that had been used in a commercial and therefore was went from $450 down to $350. And my dad had given me $400 for grad to buy a camera. This one is so cute, it is supper small, and has a piviting lens. I had to buy more memory cuz it came with only 8mb which seems to be the norm but is rediculous since that only takes 7-10 photos. It is a Nikon COOLPIX2500 . . .

off to play with my new toys . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home