not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Friday, June 20, 2003

There's a bum in the back seat of my car

Last night we were chillin' at Tango's watching some old time drag queens do their thing, it was getting late past last call, and Chris said goodnight. We continued to dance and laugh till suddenly Chris came back in he said "I got a ticket and there is a bum in the back seat of my car!" Somehow we knew what to do, Regan and I ran out the door, I gave a brief glace to see if I could find Ellysa to explain our leaving, and had to hope she would understand . . . we got to Chris' jeep and yes there was a man passed out in the back seat of her car. We foudn out later that he must have got in from the truck that doesn¡¦t' lock. I got in from the front and started to shack him lightly, but he was passed out, quite comfortably might I add. Chris' mom has a cushion that she sits on while driving and this guy was using it as a pillow. Brian and Kevin who weren¡¦t as quick on the uptake showed up at that point and brian took over. We were all saying you got to get out, this is our car, we need to go sort of thing. Regan was like "were going to brampton, you got to get out". Brians methods were not a gentle but more effective, he started to bang him with the cushion saying you got to get out, you have five mins. After a little encouragement he sat up, mumbled something about this being his car and slowly slid out of the jeep.

I have to say, and I feel that I can speak for everyone who was there, that was one of the strangest things that has happened to us . . .I've never even heard anyone say that they founda homeless guy sleeping in the back seat of there car before.

The situation was crazy, scary, sad at the same time. Here is this guy drunk off his ass just wanting a place to sleep. He didn¡¦t' want to steal, he just wanted a comfy place to lie his head. We are just glad that chris say him before he started to drive. How scary would it have been if Chris had driven away and on his way home looked back and say this man. He would not have been able to deal with it on his own. We were able to work together and support each other. CRAZY I tell you . . .

Now that you are alumni GIVE US MONEY!!!

I have to say going in drag to convocation was one of the best ideas I have had in a long time, really the gender fuck kept me amused throughout the hours of otherwise boredom.

The highlights of the day included
---- knowing 10 people at the ceremony!!! (which might sound supper small --- but since we graduate with our college and not our program it was an impressive number)
---- the ceremony was under 2 hours, this can be attributed to SARS, since the chancellor and the principle were afraid of the undergrads, we were not allowed to shack there hands, instead we did a nod . . . this as ridiculous as it was saved us so much time!!
--- They called me tobie, when they announced my degree . . . earlier when we were getting ready, they had given us a card with our names, degrees and a number to keep us in order, I was number 146 . . . they said we could change our names to how we wanted it to be read, so I crossed out Heather and wrote in Tobie!! When they said Tobie Marven, Hons BA I was so trilled
--- I sat next to the classic underachiever who didn¡¦t care about anything, he was only there on the threat of death or losing of body parts from his family. We were able to make sarcastic comments the whole way through the line up and ceremony. Both of us went up and did the nod thing and got hooded at the same time. It was a bit of a gender fuck cuz I got announced as tobie and he got announced as sara . . is name is Saro, apparently this is a common mistake people make.
--- I nodded off during the mutual fund guys speech ¡V once again avoiding boredom---

Things that didn¡¦t surprise me but still piss me off:
----the mutual fund guy, who given an honorary degree was the fishing buddy of the principle of UC . . .It was so blatantly old money, old friends, the rich white male crew padding each other on the back for having money . . . it made me want to puke
---- the principle of UofT plugged the alumni thing so hardcore, he was like don¡¦t forget who provided this education for you, blah blah blah give us money blah blah blah . . . we asked three separate times to give money before we even had the chance to look at our degrees

wow you are looking really hot!

ok so this whole drag thing worked really well, I felt very comfortable and at ease the whole time. And I actually felt confused about which washroom to use hehehe . . .If I didn¡¦t have so much anxiety about being on stage I would totally want to be a drag king . . .its not like I wasn¡¦t already performing, it just the whole lip syncing thing and dancing around for 3 or more mins that puts me ill at ease.

I did the side burns my self and had regan help me with the goatee . . .a friend of mine who is a drag king was going to help me out, but she had to go to work, but she stopped by the bar after work to see the finished product. She was impressed. Actually everyone was impressed. Several drag kings come up to me and asked how I did hair, I was like well I saved off my bangs and glued it on my face!!!

The most common comment was WOW you look really hot! I have to contribute most of that to the snazzy suit that craig lent me. A three piece brown pint stripped suit that fit as fit it was tailored for me, and the perfect shoes and tie I found at by the pound. Not to mention the confidence I must have radiated from wearing that outfit and the cute boy white briefs ļ

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who came out yesterday and sunday . . .you guys rock . . . for last yesterday thanks to mellissa, sean and craig for flowers, angeli, ellyssa, and regan for drinks, brian for the candy necklace, kevin for shining my shoes . . .and everyone else that was part of the graduation celebrations. lots of love

JADE

So my cousin who was over nine months pregnant now has a baby girl, they induced her yesterday at 11am, she started to feel pain and contractions around 6pm and only after a few hours she gave birth to a 8pound 11oz baby girl. The time of birth is 10:45pm. I¡¦m trying to get a hold of her but her hospital line is busy. AHHH its so crazy, there is this whole person that is suddenly in all of our lives. Claire is suddenly a mother. It really blows my mind.


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home