not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Friday, May 09, 2003

Friday morning, at school again, right after my third 7am shift this week. I have made it to work on time each of the days but yesterday and today have been close calls. Appartenly yesterday morning I turned off my alarm in my sleep and I woke up in a panic 15 mins later in a panic . . . I had fifteen mins to get to work . . . I biked with sals bike and made it just on time. Well today maybe the same thing happened or maybe I didn't set it the night before but once again my internal clock woke me up 15 mins before work started, this time I didn't have bike to use. I ran out my door just a cab did a u-turn and pulled up in front of me. I jumped in pointed and shouted "To the pool!" (ok maybe not exactly like that!!) I hate having to spend money on cabs, but the morning swimmers are scary and I'm not ready to handle there rath first thing in the morning, so spending $6 to get there on time was worth it...

Its seems that I have been lucky the past few days which is good since I seem to be doing many foolish things. For example yesterday after work (which I only got a few hours of sleep for) I locked Sal's bike outside and went upstairs to see the cute boy and get ready for Marikes departure. 3 hours later on a mission for low fat soy milk I opened my front to and to my surprise my bag was on the handle bars of Sals bike. DUDE 3 hours had pasted and my stuff was sitting out on Bloor st. I have to attribute the fact that it was still there to using basmati rice bag as my bag. I'm still kinda surprised no one was temped to take a bag of rice, but if they only know the treasure of a lifegaurd uniform and empty wallet that were inside :)

I've kinda been getting slack for not writing everyday . . . and basically I do . . . actually I wanted to write yesterday, I thought I would have to express my self in poem form, three poems later, I just wasn't happy with it . . . so all you crazy kids who read this stuff daily (and don't leave any comments) sorry for the delay ;)

Irony . . . I had an alergist appointment yesterday to find out what specifically happened a few weeks ago . . . they did many test to rule out any other alergy or condition that might have caused the reaction. In this two hour appointment they discovered that I'm not alergic to anything. They also took blood to rule out any blood related conditions, they nurse was having a hard tiem finding my viens, she stabed the neddle into my body, lucky I'm not scared of neddle and don't find the experience painful, cuz this women didn't look as calm as I did, she was moving the needle around in my arm, saying the vien moved. When she was done she contimplated taking more from the other arm since this was not all that successfull, but decided against it, since my viens it the other arm were not any clearer. Anyways the irony is I didn't react to any of the 60 of so things that they tested me for, but I did have a slight reaction to the bandaid they used!!

I have to go back next week for another appointment, this time they will put a small drop of amoxicillin under my tounge and then I have to sit in a room for 3 hours and wait to see if I have a reaction, I'm not worried about the reaction at all, but they don't try hard to make people that much better if they were worried. They say in case "don't worry we have adreniline shots and oxygen tanks if anything happens" (my mind flashes to the scene in pulp fiction with the needle in her chest plate) . . .but really I'm not worried about the reaction since they are giving me such a small amount, I might get a bit of a rash, take alergy medication and it will disapear. I think sitting in one room for 3 hours might get to me. I will have to bring a few things to entertain myself.

After my appointment it was time to get to the airport with Marike, and of course liek always something goes wrong. Getting her luggage throught the turnstyle at ossignton station she just a joke compared to what happened later. When she went to check in they looked at her ticket at the computer at the ticket again then up at us and said, this flight doesn't exist. Well that was kinda messy, Marike who is deathy afraid of flying had taken a few too many herbal tranqulizers (keeping to the straight edge!) and could not really deal with this type of information. We eventually were able to get her booked on flight that was leaving a few huors later, heading to London and then to Vienna. This was a bit much since that requires two take offs and two landings. Aswell they won't be able to give her any food since special meal orders, such as vegan have to be ordered 4 days ahead of time, I tried to see what I could do about that but they didn't really have amn y oprions to give me. But she got off safely, I have to phone her when I get home, but I assume she got home ok. :)

Ok a something else happened yesterday that I feel that I must write about, on my way to my alergist appointment I walked on to the subway sat on an empty set of seats and started to read. This guy in front of me was talking, at first I thought he was jsut talking to himself but then I realized he was lecturing this women (girlfriend). They were sitting accross the aile from each other, she was looking away down the car, he had his legs stretched out towards her sloched in his chair. He was talking about a night where she got drunk, how she was being a slut, how she would have let anyone fuck her if he wasn't there to pick her up. He continued to say but why would anyone want to fuck you , you are nothing you are a corpse. I was filled with disgust, empathy and fear. I wanted to say something, but I was scared of his reaction. I really didnt'know what to do. I felt like getting this women away from him. The sexist bullshit that was coming out of his mouth made me feel sick to my stomach. At Keele she suddenly got up to get off, my heart skipped a beat I was hoping she would get away but he got up calmly and followed her, still talking shit but following like a puppy dog. If this is how he treats her in public I'm really scared to know what happens when they get home. He was obvious dealing with power issues, if this womens actions upset him so much he coudl leave, instead he needed to put her down in order to make himself feel better. He was following her continueing the verbal abbuse, he needed to have someone he precieved as weaker close to him to feel strong and mighty. I felt tears coming to my eyes as they the doors closed seperating our lives. I hope that she is able to get out ok, that poeple in her life are stronger then I and say something, support this women to get away from this power hierichal abusive relationship.

Ok now I know why I have to post everyday because if I don't these posts become absurdly long and incongruent. I still didn't write about the subject of the three failed poems . . . I will have to try again later . . . .off to do the final editing of this paper . . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home