not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Sunday, May 04, 2003

Three days have passed since I have posted, strange how that happens. I actually wrote a huge rant on Friday in word but forgot to post it and now I feel that it was so long ago I don't really want to bother anymore. I will just give you the highlights:
my arch nemisis is back in my life momentarily, I have not thought of this women in years, but suddenly her bitchy, self centred uncaring personality seeped its way into my world. The past week doing to my anaphalictic shock and ear infection I had to cancel some swimming lessons that I was covering for a friend of mine. Well this evil women appartely has taken over the business while our mutual friend is out of town. She told me my behaviour was unacceptable and I made our friend and the company look bad. She said that our friend would deal with me in the week. Since the bitch is no longer my boss and has no effect in my life I was able to tell her off slightly. I still talked to her kindly, but I was very assertive and didn't take any of her shit. In my long verson of this rant I went into details about how this women had made my life hell for a few years. But really I'm beyond that right now, I'm just glad that she doesn't have the same power over me that she once did. I know that I let her have it in the past BUT I don't take shit anymore.

As if I didn't have enought assholes in my life and people who havce no concept of empathy, my roommate is at it again. As some of you read on Sal's blog, he was not going to let marike stay at our house for a few days, before she leaves for Germany. She had a really bad living situation and sal told her to come live with us for a few days. LIVE, that is the problimatic word, the evil roomate seeing it as living, even though , she has a plane ticket and leaving the country in a few days. He said to sal that he wasn't going to be a fasist so she could stay the night, but he expected her to be gone the next day, WELL, before she even got up, I went and talked to him. I was very diplomatic and asked to hear his side fo the story first. The quick version of the long story is that he said that she can stay!! hwo who!! Tobie does it again, this assertiveness thing is going well!!

My ear infection has not gone away, and it will be ten days tomorrow. Its so rediculous, every time you get sick they have you take antibiotics for ten days . . . I am ALWAYS better before the end, NOT this time thought, I will have to go see my doctor tomorrow. The other day I stayed over at the cute boys house. We walked over from my place and by the time I got to his place (ten min walk) I was shaking in pain, I ended up staying over, in the morning I was in so much pain I ran out with tears in my eyes, and this was after taking two advil.

Today I went to the ROM with my cousin, we say an exhibit on socialite fifties fashion, which I would recommned but today was the last day. I felt like I was taking a huge risk leaving my house for so long. The discounted ticket was $12, and I was only able to stay long enough for the one exhibit. They should have a special price for pregnat womena and their sick cousins :)

Last night I went to work for the first time in weeks. I wouldn't have given up this shift for the world, I was guarding what they called an Opera in the pool. It was called Kafka in Love. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was an Opera, but it was a fabullous performance. It was held at HArt House pool, the facility is just begging for shows like this to go on. It will filled with arches and stain glass windows, the bolcony and seets, are not what you see in a regualr pool, they are all wooden individually caved seats. The show consisted of a movie adn syncro. They progected a film on three of the walls, there was one actress on the deck and six sycronises swimmers. The lights, props and action were very complex, I sat there in my white silk robe non-discript for two performances and still didn't get to see everything. The best part was people were paying $65 to see the show, while I had the best seat in the house and got paid $65 to be there :)

Well hope all is well with everyone today, and you are enjoying the nice weather. Ahh I have a few more things to say. The next few days I will be editing, compling and contructing the conclusion fo the food securtiy paper. I know I han't been talking about it lately, and actually I have been out of the loop for a few weeks (as you all know) so I will be very busy the next fews days, but after Wed, I will be done my undergrad!! Oh yeah baby I ca see the end. Actually my grad photos came in a few days ago, I shoudl scan them and have people vote which one is the best, look out for that!!! AND I looked on ROSI, to look up my marks, and I got two, yes two 85's!!! Thats right ladies and gents, Tobie has become an A student in her last year at UofT. I have 4, half credits in the in the A catigory now, I thought that would never happen. Partially I say that it has to do with me starting to use accessibltiy services this year, but 2 of those classes I dint' use the services, and they were 400 level classes so I guess I jsut figured out how to work the system, too bad I'm leaving now :)

ok thats it for now, but I wrote a few poems last night that I might post here later . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home