not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Monday, May 05, 2003

I have been thinking more and more about my future, these things tend to happen at the end of the school year, but this year the pressure is mounting since I am done univeristy and I still havn't figured out what I want, or need to do. I am conflicted over several things, one great things is though I'm not thinking what will I do next year, for once I am think what will I do in my life to maximise on my strenghts in order to make a difference in this world. The thing is there is so much I want to do, and so many things that I want to experience at the same time I want to make the greatest impact that I can. My philosophy has always been go with the flow, as long as you are doing things that you love then the opportunities will be there for you. Not that I want to sit back and wait for something to land at my feet. I want to work for what I get but only if I am happy doing it. Hense why I dropped out of math and programing early on adn started taking equity studies and sexual diveristy studies. I have loved so much of school the past few years, I have taken so many great courses that I ran home to do the readings, eagerly participated and wrote my papers with excitment. Big geek right, well yes, but only for these certain topics. I have never really cared that much before. I refused to get myself all axice over school, and as some of you know, I dont' do all nighters. I stop working at 11 weither my work is done or not, a girl needs to go out, and/or get some rest hehehe. Anyways, so I have been thinking about teaching, my hang up with teaching is that it is what people do when they don't know what else to do, which is why we have so many bad teachers out there. I refuse to go into it untill I know for sure it is what I want to do. I mean, I love teaching and according to friends family and acquantances I am an excellent teacher. (thanks to Sina who made my day today). The thing is I hate the way the school systme is run here. Marike was talking to me aobut how schools are run in Sweden and it sounds beautiful. I have been looking at alternative ways to teach no int he regular school system, Like the Wardolf school, (which I had to ditch when strange ideas were beign exposed like students are only allowed to create art with water colours and so on) alternative school (but as bri said they already have tons of grat teachers there, the regualr systme is were they need good teachers like us) and monosory school (problem is these schools are generally primary and I would like to teach kids that are a bit older). Teh one thing these three schools have in common is this idea of experienatal education, which I am a firm believer in. Teh studnets work together and help each other, the classes are not set up in rows with the teacher at the front lecturign and the studnet taking it all in. Instead they learn by trying things and helping each other, with encuragement fromt he teacher. Teh evalutaion is not based on marks, but on an indiviual report of how the studnet is doing, takign into consideration theri indivudual learing styles, situations etc. I coudl go on but basically I just want to say this type of education is what I want to be part of. This next year I will eather be in Dublin for grad school or traveling through Europe visting Marike, Sal and many other forgeign countries . . . during this time I will have to do more research and figure what do I want to do . . . ahhh the question of the century!!1

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home