not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Monday, April 21, 2003

as I hang out with my family, my quirkiness makes sense, I mean my uncle was wearing a red bowtie and suspenders, he looked so cute . . .I have gotten to an age where hanging out with my family is no longer a chore, but an event that I look forward to and enjoy . . .they are so supportive and kind, and really me being my sensitive self it can be really refreshing to be with a group of people to not only love you unconditionally, they also think so highly of you and have so much faith that you will do great things. It is especially nice to have people around that weren’t all "so what are you going to do next year?" . . . So often I feel that if I don’t' come up with the perfect answer for that people will think that I am aimless and have no goals. Its not that I am aimless per say, but rather, the possibilities seems so open right now, I really feel like I could do anything and everything, I want to experience as much as possible, and at the same time keep up my relationships. Lately I have been sliding back in forth between the happiest and most confident then I have ever been and at the same time completely lost and unsure of anything. I feel the people that have it all figured out are lying to themselves, I mean its good to have a plan, but life has its own plans and in a sense there is no point planning. I mean it’s good to be prepared, but I really feel the most important thing is to have a positive attitude, and keeping doing things that you love and things will work out. I told this theory to a woman last month; she said "how retro of you" and didn't look impressed at all. She expected that I would have this grand plan all set out, where I was going and what I wanted to do . . . honestly the fact that I made it through university is such a feat itself. A few years ago if she asked me my plans it would have not including graduating, let alone applying to grad school I don't know if I will get in, but I tried, and if they don’t' let me in, its there loss, it shows to me that they don’t' really understand different ways of knowing, cuz I feel my way of knowing is different then the majority of the other applicants. My learning disability I feel should be an added bonus, really though, if I have made it this far and I am willing to work around my learning disability then they should know that I am willing to put allot of work into my projects and that I have a deep interest in the subject. I will wait to see what happens, and for all of those out there who are wondering what will Tobie do after she graduates, she doesn't know yet, but it will be good, so watch out and keep undated !!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home