not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

today I was in the libraries cafeteria, mad that I was using a food supplier that ran privatized prisons. Wishing the veggie cafe was open during exams, and smiling about a conversation I had to day with my soc prof about the riotgrrl scene. I noticed this women a few people in front of me, see looked distressed, she had a half eaten pastery in her hand. I was too far away from the cash to hear the conversation. I thought inicially that the women didt' have enough money to pay for her food, but she seems more physically upset than that, a girl from starbucks came over and walked this women to a seat. Then another women ran up, grabbed a orange juice and said that women was going into insillin shock, the women at the cash said I know but I have to watch the money. There was nothing I could do. . . I didn't bud into the situation, the last thing this women needed was a crowd of poeple and the two women helping her seemed to know how to deal with the situation.
I just found it sad that one this women at the cash was more concerned about the money adb her minimuim paying job, then the health of another human. It is sad that our society is so constentrated on money that often the important things in life are forgotten. I think why does this women work here in the first place, she probably has to support herself and possibly her family. She doesn't speak english that well, so I suppose that she is an immigrant women, with out many opportunities. And if she did leave her post she coudl lose her job. She survival came before this other womens survival. I don't blame her at all, I just hate our capitalist soicety where the people are forgotten over gains of money. I hate that the women with diabetes had to stand there and beg to eat her sugar. The sugar that will keep her alive and healthy. There should never be denial to the basics that keep us alive . . .

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home