not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Sunday, October 19, 2003

prolife hunters and hippies

After the social forum yesterday was a fundraiser at one of the student bars, and like usual everyone was buying everyone drinks, I bought one at the beginning of the night but ended up drinking 5 or 6, what a culture! One of the drinks that was bought for me was from this girl who smiled sweetly and said that we wanted to pick my brain on something. I obliged without realizing what I was getting myself into . . . she had gone to the abortion workshop but she is pro life and wanted to see what we were planning, the sneaky little thing, so we calmly talked about our views, it was clear from the beginning that this conversation was not going to change any of our views, but she had bought me a drink so I couldn't just leave. Anyways at the end I made a comment about her eating bacon chips (damn me and my vegan big mouth) that started a whole other debate; the best part is she is a hunter!! seriously she has a gun and her and her family go out and hunt adn kill animals. Yet she is the most pro-life person I met . . .we both walked away thinking that each other were hypocrites for our views. I have to be more careful who I except drinks from!!!

At two they kicked all of us out of the bar and all the activist kids poured on to the campus walk ways, this one guy had a guitar and got into Jammin’ all of started to dance and sing to bob Marley, bob Dillon, and many other revolutionary anti-war songs. It was great I felt like I was back home. I even dnaced next to the pro-life hunter - oh how the hippy world can bring us all together :)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home