not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Wednesday, June 04, 2003

silly mistakes

I have been doing mad cover letter and resume sending in the past few weeks. I have a system down that I thought was fool proof but apparently not. What I do is print out all the ads that I find, then when I send in a resume to them I write the date on the paper. Well I printed out a few the other day, and sent out resumes. This one particular job I was really excited about. When I was looking for the contact name I looked down quickly say the name and wrote "Dear Bill Shaw". And sent everything off . . . well later that day I realized that Bill shaw was the name for the previouse job, instead of being at the begging of the ad it was at the end of the ad before it. . I felt so stupid. Just to rub it in they sent me an email that said . . .

My name is not Bill.
Better luck in the future.
Janelle Connell
Community Facilitator
NABORS


. . .I laughed it off and sent them an opps email in reply . . . so they won't hire me but at least they know that I have a sence of humour :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home