not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Thursday, May 29, 2003

I have been facing serious blogger writing block, the past few days I start to write something but it feels so mundane that I erase it. The irony is that I have been writing allot, but unable to share. I'm going to start with some random moments and see where my fingures take me . . . today I say this 4 year old kid with a Nike symbol shaved in the back of his head run into McD's . . .BRANDING OVERLOAD

today was one of those days where everyone talked to me, strangers everywhere said hi made a joke or a comment in my direction. I think it all started when I had an excellent job interview. Its for this organization called CHAP, what they do is recruit people to work with youth who have autism, physical or developmental disability. They make the connection between the parents that need the support and the workers, and it is the parents that are your employers. Anyways the interview went really well and I got the job. I have trainging next week. I will still need to get at least one more part time job . . . the interviewer himself was really nice and put me in a great mood. As I left the building everyone smiled and said hello, goodbye etc. As I walked to the bus stop every kid that passed by me, said something . . .. it was sooo cute.

Anyways I continued on my job hunt today looking at resturants that I would like to work at, ones that sell fair trade coffee and vegan food. Even thoguht the hunt itself was not successful, my journey through parkdale was fun, and again, so many people talked to me, commented on my hair, my bike, my smile etc. It was a constant journey of smiles and laughter thanks to the friendly people of TO. Ok it gets better, I spent some time at Regans (which is always good) then cam home to talk to this Irish guy. GET THIS, Alicia (my grocery store lady) told this guy who lives in the neighbourhood that I was applying to grad school in Ireland in the fall, he said that he would help me find a job if I got in, well now that I got in Alicia got his number for me and I set up a coffee date to meet up with him. He knew who I was from around the neighbourhood but I have never seen him before, yet he was willing to go out of way to help me out. His brother lives in Dublin and has a few businessess plus some acceddmia connections. The Irsih guy said he will talk to his brother tonight and see when is the best tiem for me to call him, then I will call him in a few days and see if he can hook me up with a job and possibly an apartment. Plus this guy I met has a nephew who goes to UCD who is willing to show me around the city and univeristy. As if this is not enough already he is going to drop off a map of Dublin for me tomorrow. He was supper friendly I didn't get any creepy vibes at all. He seemed just eager to help someone who is moving to his home town. We ended up chatting for an hour about all sorts of things.

Then I biked to kim's place and we went on a biking adventure down to cherry beach, we stopped by these benches just past the docks and watched the planes land. It was good good times, (plus all these freindly TO people talked to us) when you in the parks, its like you have left the city people become friendly and say hello to everyone as if we were in small town. kimmy got her photos developed from many adventures from OCT till now. Lost of silly pictures of me and her. The best ones was this full roll of photes of her getting all ready in drag, damn they are good. I took about 6 of them with me, and there are more that I want but her friends got to the doubles first. I will have to ask how she feels about havign her photo on the internet, if she is ok with it, I will have to post it here.

That reminds me, regan got her photos back from our crazy walking adventure last week. There are soo many good ones. One that sticks out right now, is this pic of me carving our names into this staircase banister in a park. It turned out so well, you see me as I carve in the last line of the E from Tobie, and you can clearly see REGAN + TOBIE. We decided we have to leave our mark all over the city. She wrote regan + tobie in the bathroom stale at the red room a few months ago and a few people came up to her and friends of her to ask if we were together!! Only in my dreams could I date someone as cool as regan!

AHHH, I did an excellent job of avoiding all my actuall thoughts that have been causing me to have bloogers writers block. I suppose I will stop my personal filtering system enough to add them in soon enough.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home