not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Saturday, May 31, 2003

sars bullshit

yesterday I phoned my cuz to confirm our lunch plans and she told me she is quarenteened. A week ago she went to visit a friend at St. Miks hospital, a floor that has a possible sars patient now. Her dad had her phone to see what the deal was and toronto public health said she had to stay put and have no visitors. It is such bullshit thought since she was there for an hour and her friend who was there for 3 days was not informed. If it was improntant to issolate those who may have ahd contact, woudl they not have informedt he patients who stayed on the same floor. Public health said they would phone to see how she is and they would drop off a mask. This is just a scare tactic to keep her inside. They have not stopped by in the past few days, but if they were to stop by when she was not there she coudl be fined. So there she is one week away from giving birth, full of stuff to do to get ready and she can't leave her house.
Her partner who is in close contact with her is able to move about on his daily routine, but she has to sit there and wait. I went over and took her laundry for her. I was like if toronto public health comes I'll hide in the bathroom, but they are nto goign to stop me from comign over for lunch and chilln with a cuz who does not have sars!!!
I wonder what will happen when she goes into labour, will they require she wears a mask the whole time . . . I don't think thats going to work. A women in labour doens't do well with regulation and orders!!!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home