not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Thursday, May 15, 2003

ORAL CHALLANGE WITH DR. HO
. . . or a kick in the box
this morning at work I wrote this happy-go-lucky prose about going to the ethical lover meeting last night, but that happiness will have to be replaced by the bitterness I now feel. As most of you know a few weeks ago I had an alergic reaction to some medication, and you know that last week I went to the alergist to get tested, and they asked me to came back this week for a 3 hour appointment. Well today was the day. I thought it was goign to be fine, I mean regan and I went down together, I had Stupid White Men with me, really how coudl it be bad. WELL, I get there early and sat reading the top 50 best companies to work for in canada and what your car says about you. Fifteen mins pass and I stand up wondering whats the deal. The nurse, who brutalized my arm last week is standing there. She asks if I bought the medication. I was slightly confused, "what medication?" I say, she says the doctor was suppose to give you a perscription and you have to get it filled. Ok not only did he not give me a perscription, he did not inform me that I woudl be responsible for purchasing the medication that they needed to test me with. I demanded to see the doctor, and of course he was not in yet. I had to wait twenty more mins before he decided to grace us with his presence. I asked him about the prescription and he said that it was not expensive -just under $20. I told him that I was very upset because he had not informed me about this cost, if he had I could have planned for it. The expectation that I would be ok spending $20 with out warning was absurd. I told him that I was on a tight buget and he had not only just wasted my day he caused me to spend $5 in transportation for no reason what so ever. He was slimmy and trying to talk his way out of the situation. Attempting to blame me for his forgetfulness. He handed me a perscription and told me to rebook the appointment. I took the prescription from his hand and walked out with out another word. The secretary gave me a sympathetic look as I marched out the door.
I was glad that my eyes stayed dry for the whole encounter. He really pissed me off, and usually when I'm really upset and I decide to be assertive in the situation I start to cry. Which sucks because then people dont' take you seriously. It is deffinalty something I have been working on, and I decided a while ago fuck who care if I cry, cause even though tI feel bad if I cry and feel that people do not respect me I feel worse if I am passive and a push over. And I have been getting better at it, I barely remember the last time I cried. Not saying that I didn't' feel like I was going to today, I had to hold back, and I'm sure my eyes were slightly watery as I walked out that door.
I don't think I will go back to Dr. Ho for the oral challange . . .I think I will go to Chris' dad, a friends father will have to treat me with more respect then the ho master . . .



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home