not a pretty girl


a new person with each new experience

Monday, July 26, 2004

pop quiz:

what job requires a university degree, for you to be in good shape, for you to have been involved with camapaigns in your community and will have two people interviewing you? 

a) astranaut
b) social worker
c) posterer

ding ding ding, if you said C you are right!!!  Not only that they will pay you next to nothing, continuously check up on you and expect you to be waiting at their beckan call for the 9 hours they offer you a week! 

Oh the life of the underemployed. 

So far I have managed to score 13 hours a week of teaching swimming, which depending on my persausive skills may go down to 4 hours a week in august.  And 9 hours of postering  . . . which is a bit nuts actually, I was looking at the map that I mark where I have postered and in the three days which I did my 9 hours I covered around 40km of road.  The posters are really getting to me and I feel like adbusting them after I finish putting them up.

The header says "How to beat the weight loss plateau" then it has a pic of a pretty blond with a quote that says "I lost 30lbs in 3 months".  When I see women looking at the poster I want to talk to them and say you don't need to beat the weight loss plateau, there are better ways to be health then to work towards a certian weight goal.  I was thinking how they could reword their poster to make it more positive, something like "have fun, stay healthy and get stronger" or something about doing it for yourself.  But in reality these are all just advertising tricks to have women feel bad about their bodies and pay huge amounts of money to have someone tell them what type of body they should be striving for. 

 

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home